Valentine’s Day by numbers

Valentine’s Day by numbers

3% of people buy a present for their pet on Valentine’s day. You’ll be pleased to know the latest edition to the Numbers family won’t be one of them. The gilded House of Mascot is quite enough for any puppy.

85% of all cards are bought by women. Snaps to the 15% of men clever enough to jump on the bandwagon. They’ve blates walked past Ann Summers recently.

4% of the population are having sex right now. Bet your Tuesday morning muffin-and-Numbers combination is looking a bit anti-climatic now, isn’t it?

53% of women are willing to dump their boyfriends if they show up empty handed on Valentines day. What a rookie error. We’ve been dropping hints for weeks. Do you really think that annotated copy of Elle was left for kicks?

13.7 billion pounds is spent on gifts and cards in 2009. Up 22% from 5 years ago. This is partly due to the fact that, in a recession, lipstick and lingerie sales increase the most. Coincidence? We think not.

68% of men class red or pink lingerie as their least favourite on a woman. Wear it anyway and ask their opinion at dinner on the 14th. If they don’t like it, you can always take it off. At the table, of course.