Trending: animal print

Photo credit: style.com

Photo credit: style.com

Designer

One of the most recognized fashion houses in the world, everyone recognises the signature beige LV. With designer Marc Jacobs at the helm of Louis Vuitton for the past ten years, the label has shown it can take the average and create fabulous, with the finishing gloss of high fashion and this S/S 2011 is no different.

The marble catwalk oozed exotic luxury, beginning with the curtains guarded by giant (stuffed) sleek tigers. The collection resembled a camp but glamorous safari filled with sparkles and silk. One dress was covered with a sequinned panda.

The combination of the quirky animal art and Asian inspiration, with tactile materials, all brought together a stunning collection.

Disciple

Anna Dello Russo – the queen of bizarre and exaggerated style. She is no stranger to fashion inspiration from the animal kingdom. In 2009 she was spotted wearing a body skimming, snake-like dress, frosted with glitter.

Then, in 2010 her Gareth Pugh headdress, which she wore to the Vogue ball, became iconic. The gigantic grey bricolage of a bird head and a Roman helmet topped with feathers, complimented her white Pucci ball gown.

As well as these particular sightings, Anna Dello Russo has proven her love for leopard print repeatedly: from her pink leopard print dress, to an entire wall in her house being devoted to the trend.

DIY

For beginners to jungle fever, owning some leopard print is crucial. You have no excuse as faux fur or prints can be snapped up from any high street, and placed in captivity in your wardrobe.

French Connection has just put a leopard print jacket, a real show piece, into their sale for £96 which would give any outfit a safari twist.

Topshop is always plentiful with their animal prints, and currently even hair straighteners are adorned with some wildcat.

To channel Marc Jacob’s catwalk more, there is the ever fashionable Henry Holland’s giraffe jumper to put on your wish lists. Whilst Whistles are also offering a more African animal feel with their psychedelic zebra print scarves and a rainbow zebra print high wasted skirt.