Indie shop search App

Apple have recently launched a new App that acts as a solved treasure map for fashion followers, locating the destination of small boutiques and independent shops that would otherwise be overshadowed and hidden by large retail and departmental stores. investigates

From cooking Apps that guide you through the strenuously difficult process of making a cake without having the unnecessary burden of having to turn the cookery book page, to Apps that allow you to throw angry birds at pigs, Apple have recently launched a new App that acts as a solved treasure map for fashion followers, locating the destination of small boutiques and independent shops that would otherwise be overshadowed and hidden by large retail and departmental stores.

Promoted by Apple as the ‘Indie shop search App’, the App will prove beneficial for both the retailer and shopper, allowing smaller businesses to advertise their stores to the large base of materialistic Apple customers. It makes sense that Apple customers who are willing to purchase the App from their iPhone or iPad will inevitably be good prospective customers for the small local businesses who rely on word of mouth to encourage trade. An initiative of the London trade show Margin, the App will act as a healthy support base for stores, encouraging good customer relations by offering discounts and vouchers exclusively to STRADD App users.

Apple advertises the new App as a tool that will revitalise the shopping experience of customers who want to break away from the homogeneity of modern shopping habits and feed their craving for unique and edgy design and style. Enlightening customers of the advantages of purchasing the App, retailing at £1.79, iTunes states the purpose of the tool “Use the STRADD App to discover more interesting and unique cultural quarters when visiting a town or city and get off the well-beaten tourist track”.

Even in the early days of its launch, the iPhone customer reviews already signal the popularity of the new born App, as one customer reveals, “I always try to shop from independent stores as you get much better service and much more individual clothing. Using this app I’ve already discovered new shops near me I didn’t even know existed!