James JCRC hustings

McQ’s was packed out last night as James College took their turn to host their JCRC election hustings. The battle for the position of chair was fought out between current RAG Rep, Kate Davey, and one of the current Merchandise Reps, Emma Bartlett

McQ’s was packed out last night as James College took their turn to host their JCRC election hustings.

The battle for the position of chair was fought out between current RAG Rep, Kate Davey, and one of the current Merchandise Reps, Emma Bartlett.

Bartlett stated that she wants to concentrate on increasing college spirit by improving many of the events that we already have, and in particular on winning the RAG cup this year.

She stated that: “I think we’re an amazing college already – and we just need to build on that.”

Another of her major policies is increasing the college’s input in the committee meetings, facilitated by: uploading the minutes; the addition of a comment box to the website and by making the chair more directly accessible.

Davey claimed that, “we’re lucky to be part of a collegiate university” and wants to implement open meetings each term to give everyone a say in how the college is run.

She also spoke about being more ambitious with the main college events. To achieve this she is hoping to re-asses current committee positions and officially assign a team member to be in charge of sponsorship.

Voting opened on Saturday morning and will close in a week’s time on Friday 10th with the results being announced at the James College Christmas Ball on December 14th.

Positions and Candidates:

Chair: Emma Bartlett, Kate Davey
Services Vice Chair: Emily Foste, Grace Teh
Student Development Vice Chair: Alia Khalil
Welfare Vice Chair: James Wollard
Treasurer: Alex Nguyen
Secretary: Roisin Mulligan
Ents: Cameron Lane-Ley, Mark Ross Smith, Laura Watson, and Alice Garcia; Charlotte Griffiths, Cat Painter, and Natasha Munroe; Jack Clarke, Holly Campbell, Melissa Gunn, and Ben Heilbron ,
Bar Reps: Louise Bond, Susie Brunswick, Benjamin Howe, Benjamin Ryves
Merchandise Reps: Ro Butler, Emily Hartley, Louise Baxter
Volunteering Reps: Amber Fuller
Sports Reps: Andrew Yates, Ruari Phillips, and Rachel McMillan; Amy Moll, Elissa Bryan, Becky Gray, and George Richards
Welfare Reps: Jess Hambly; Rachael Farrington, Luke Spindler, Chelsea Wilmot, and Emma Hawkens
21+ Officer: Nathan Beebe
International Rep: Bartek Krzyszycha
LGBT Reps: Carl McCallin, Ellen Broderick
Extra-ordinary: Florence-Anne Stratton