The Ryder Cup is coming

The Ryder Cup is on its way and, as explains, our sports team will be here to offer their views and opinions throughout the tournament

Colin Montgomerie, pictured here at the 2004 Ryder Cup, will hope to captain the European team to success this year. Photo: James Marvin Phelps (mandj98) via Flickr Creative Commons

The Ryder Cup holds a singularly intriguing place in World Sport. Perhaps in no other event do the most individual of athletes come together to form a collective so ardently supported by their respective fans.

This year Europe and, current holders, the USA meet in the stunning environs of Celtic Manor in South Wales, as former Ryder Cup talisman Colin Montgomery and counterpart Corey Pavin seek to captain their teams to victory. Drama is inevitable and will be compulsive viewing, historic golf is highly likely and Nouse will be there to keep you up to date with the action every step of the way.

Everyday this week we will be featuring comment and analysis in the run up to the most eagerly awaited tee off in golf. Not only that but our man David Ambrozejczyk will be keeping us posted from the heart of the action as he files daily updates from Celtic Manor and tweets up to the minute reaction and news via the Nouse Sport Twitter feed.

Get involved with our coverage through the comments section and be sure to stick with Nouse for an exclusive, student led look into the world’s most prestigious golf tournament.