One year on

This week marks a year since the disappearance of Goodricke chef Claudia Lawrence. Media speculation over the past year has been tireless. The police investigation is now treating her disappearance as a murder investigation, and anyone with information is being offering £10,000 by Crimestoppers. But still so many questions remain unanswered.

The last known sighting of her was on the afternoon of 18 March. Despite speculation from the press about her personal life, nothing has yet been heard. After Nouse met with Peter Lawrence this week however, it was shown that there is still promise of her survival.

Nouse encourages anyone with any potential information to come forward. Students can talk to Crimestoppers anonymously and whatever you have to say will be taken into consideration seriously. While you may not believe that what you have seen or heard is either important or significant, it could be combined with other information that the police already have and used to create a significant lead in the investigation.

Whilst Claudia’s disappearance remains obviously distressing, it is ­­nevertheless important for students to remember that instances such as this on campus are rare. Due care and common sense are always advisable in any environment, and as long as sensible precautions are taken to safegaurd student safety there should be no cause for uneasiness on campus.