James College fire raises questions

A fire in a James College kitchen has led to questions over the safety of University-provided electrical appliances. The A Block kitchen fire follows complaints from James College residents that “the appliances are dangerous; they are not of a suitable quality to be used daily by sixteen people.” Although the porters arrived at the fire within five minutes of the fire alarm sounding, one porter raised concerns over the potential danger of the situation, saying that students may have been forced to “contact campus security” if they hadn’t arrived so quickly.

Leave a comment



Please note our disclaimer relating to comments submitted. Please do not post pretending to be another person. Nouse is not responsible for user-submitted content.