Fusion raises over £5,000

This year’s Fusion event, ‘Telling Tales’, has made a profit for RAG of around £5,100 so far

Despite earlier worries of Fusion’s financial viability, ticket sales alone raised over £5,000 for RAG [Photo: Sam Newsome]

This year’s Fusion event, ‘Telling Tales’, has made a profit for RAG of around £5,100 so far.

Ollie Todd, Press and Publicity Committee Member, told Nouse that after deducting technical costs of running the show from the ticket sales profit, Fusion made over £3,000 for RAG from ticket sales alone. The show sold out on the second and final night of the production.

The after-party at Judge’s Lodgings was run entirely for the RAG beneficiaries, also selling out, and making about £2,000 from the ticket sales.

Todd also revealed that some of the costumes used in the show may be sold off to raise further funds for RAG.

Cesca Dessain, Fusion President, commented: “Obviously Saturday was a sell out, and turning people away was an absolutely incredible feeling of achievement.”

Dessain went on to express her desire to do “one last event next term” to fundraise and maintain the relationships that the cast and had: “I can’t believe it’s over, but I want it to continue next term.”