The Nouse Sports Podcast

The latest edition of our sports podcast

Photograph by Peter Iveson

Photograph by Peter Iveson

Nouse Sports Podcast Week Seven

Welcome to the week seven edition of the Nouse Sports Podcast. This week the team are joined by Rich Costello to present the case for Aston Villa in Sunday’s Carling Cup Final against Manchester United.

Also under discussion are the latest developments in university sports, notably the fiasco over the UYRUFC firsts’ promotion to Premier B. There’s also a round-up of the best of Wednesday’s university sport, including hockey, football and fencing.

1. I enjoyed this, its good fun. Just want to say that Lee is wrong when he says Bridge will lose sympathy, if anything people will feel more sorry for him now he wont be representing England. I think everyone is still in TeamBridge.

2. Wow York Sport really come in for a hard time on this one. Wonder if there’ll be response after this latest show of incomptence?

3. It wasn’t really York Sport though Marina, it was all BUCS fault. It’s a disgrace.

4. 26 Feb ’10 at 6:57 pm

bepe di marco

how is it bucs’s fault they set a deadline and york sport missed it that is the disgrace. although bucs really do need to look at changing rules, the fact of the matter is york are out cause somebody was late!

5. It really was not as simple as that, Bepe. The whole final weekend was full of confusion due to unclear rules set by BUCS. If York Sport had made the deadline then promotion would have been stripped from Hallam in an equally unfair way. I would have thought that any sporting organisation would have appreciated the importance of deciding promotion on the field rather than in an office. I am amazed that they did not stage a play-off, especially considering how it would hve compensated for the cancellation of the potentially thrilling final weekend.

Also, what’s a ‘toin coss’?