Shergold pulls out of York Sport race

Adam Shergold, Nouse Sports Editor and general campus legend has announced his intentions not to run for York Sport President, OTR can reveal.

In a day of will-they won’t -they, Shergold, who was well fancied by many campus observers, has told OTR that he is not seeking election, choosing instead to focus on his degree and his continued effort with Nouse.

“I’ve thought it over a great deal, and I just don’t think it’s right for me,” a philosophical Shergold told OTR this afternoon. Some say he counted to infinity, twice. Others say that he drinks napalm to cure his heartburn. Either way, the Doctor won’t be flying the black and gold flag come October.

His decision leaves Sam Asfahani and Rob Newton to fight for the position, with Caroline Brown unlikely to actually declare her candidacy. It seems OTR fell for that little joke.

Anyone else want to stir it up a little more today? I’m not sure I can take it.

Gossip and rumours to [email protected]

The opinions expressed above are not representative of either those of Nouse, or of YUSU. They are the speculations and personal views of the author who is not a member of the editorial team, and should be treated as such.

1. Rumour has it that Shergold is running for D&S or Academic instead…

2. 9 Feb ’10 at 6:11 pm

Shergold for Academic Affairs

that is all.

3. 9 Feb ’10 at 6:51 pm

Captain Energy

Wentworth’s most (only) popular sportsperson Samik ‘how is he still running?’ Datta is considering throwing his hat into the ring (then leaping after it before it can land), standing on a platform of being really nice and frustratingly good at every sport.

4. I can assure you that Caroline Brown is a tennis legend and top class car driver I can see no reason why she wouldn’t come out and run for this

5. Rumour has it that Shergold is running for England captain…

6. 10 Feb ’10 at 2:45 am

Harriet Harman

Nah, I heard he was going for Prime Minister

7. What are you guys chatting about, he’s going for President. He fudged his birth certificate so it says he’s from Hawaii.

8. 10 Feb ’10 at 10:08 am

Daniel Linderman

Adam Shergold’s knowledge of sport is incredible. He is, in fact, the only man who can beat a brick wall at tennis. If it’s true he’s not running, then I’m a sad man indeed.

9. Rumour on the grapevine that Ben Gascoyne, campus wildcard and maverick, who collects snakes, is running for President despite being a second year.