Ones to watch

Shop: The Shop at Bluebird
Trend: The Clash
Accessory: The New ‘IT’ Bag
Designer: Marios Schwab

Shop: The Shop at Bluebird

trendbluebird

Previously, designer fashion stores were about simplicity, havens to proudly display coveted pieces. However, interior and fashion design have been fused into an exciting mix at “The Shop at Bluebird’’ an innovative store in Chelsea. Selling an evolving mix from various high end designers, recently the shop has been promoting “RIKA”- a series of contemporary pop-up stores in the run-up to LFW. The clothes are originial and innovative. All furniture is also for sale, and the friendly staff are reportedly very pleased to give fashion hints and advice.

Trend: The Clash

trendclash

It can be a tricky trend to pull off – which is why clashing prints have just downsized to one item. Seen on the catwalks at Proenza Scholeur, the dresses were inspired by Tahiti – think eye-popping colour, contrasted with sharp edges. In keeping with different bags, there are plenty of alternatives on the high street which will brighten up any dreary English day. For example, teaming Reiss’ “Pip’’ printed dress (£110) with a flash of blue, or a coloured jacket, would be a guaranteed conversation starter. If the thought of too much colour is overwhelming, downplay the look with opaque tights and minimal accessories.

Accessory: The New ‘IT’ Bag

newitbag

The new IT Bag- the key issue to consider when purchasing the bag to last you through the season is space. This spring, instead of an oversized tote, strike a balance with a bag big enough to hold the essentials, but small enough to be eye-catching and fierce. Experiment with different designs, colours, studs, anything goes – even to the extreme of completely clashing with other accessories. It’s time to have fun with arm wear… take a look at Judith Leibers’ peacock “Shanti’’ bag. Elegant but still quirky and unique.

Designer: Marios Schwab

mariosschwab

London Fashion Week is fast approaching, so all eyes are turned to the designers. Whose show will captivate the audience? Who will bore? Bets are on that Marios Shwab, who will present his first collection for Halston on the runway in February will not disappoint. A graduate from Central St. Martins, expectations are particularly high due to the fact Shwab was one of the three designers to win the Fashion Forward Award – a financial prize which is used to produce the runway show. With his previous collections being dubbed by critics as a “new retro’’ look, Shwab now faces the challenge of creating pieces that will make the front row hold their breath.