Nouse Playlist

Alternative Christmas songs

James Brown – ‘Merry Christmas Baby’: This Christmas will mark the third anniversary of the loss of “The Godfather of Soul” himself. This classy Christmas track is a festive reminder of the legendary entertainer.

Lady Gaga (feat. Space Cowboy) – ‘Christmas Tree’: “Light me up, put me on top, let’s fa la la la la, la la la la.” Yep, synth beats and numerous yuletide innuendos, courtesy of the Gaga.

The Ramones – ‘Merry Christmas (I Don’t Want To Fight Tonight)’: Bringing punk rock to the holidays are the Ramones, in an unusually coherent moment for the group. Take two minutes for a festive headbang to this.

Death Cab For Cutie – ‘Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)’: A credible Christmas ballad here from indie favourites Death Cab.

The Knife – ‘Reindeer’: The Swedish outfit turn their mood­­y electro pop sounds to more seasonal subject matter. Think soundtrack to a darker version of The Snowman.

Snoop Dogg – ‘A Pimp’s Christmas Song’:
Taken from the sadly overlooked album of 2008, Christmas in the Dogghouse, here Snoop declares December 25th to be “a pimp’s Christmas,” as only Snoop could.