Appeal for Claudia Lawrence information turns international

An appeal for information relating to the disappearance of missing chef Claudia Lawrence is to be broadcast on Italian television.

This is part of a move to extend the search overseas as Peter Lawrence, Cladia’s father, admits that his daughter could be “absolutely anywhere”.

Martin Dales, a friend and spokesman for Mr. Lawence has commented “Naturally, we are trying every avenue open to us in our quest to find Claudia and it seemed a good opportunity to take our message to the Italian people, whom we ask to be vigilant and to report any unusual activity or sightings to the police.”

Dales has traveled to Sorrento, in Italy, to record a video appeal for the missing person’s programme, ‘Chi L’Ha Visto’. The show, which translates as “who has seen them?” is broadcast on a weekly basis on the Italian TV channel Rai Tre.

The aim of this appeal is to ask Italian viewers to be alert for any possible sightings of Claudia.

Dales suggested that in the field of missing person’s programming Italy has succeeded where Britain has failed:

“It is good that Italian television has a weekly programme on missing people, but it is both disappointing and short-sighted that excellent programmes such as the BBC’s Missing Live are only broadcast on an occasional basis on UK television when there are so many missing people in our country at any one time.”

Dales interview can be viewed in English and Italian on the programme’s website, www.chilhavisto.rai.it, and is due to be on the air within the next few weeks,

Claudia Lawrence was last seen more than nine weeks ago on March 18th returning to her home on Heworth Road, at about 15:10. The next morning she failed to turn up for her 6am shift at Goodricke’s Roger Kirk Centre.

Anybody with information should contact North Yorkshire Police on 0845 60 60 247