So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye

Well, dear reader, our time together has so suddenly come to an end.

I hope that you have picked up something from this computerised jotting pad, I think that I have certainly gained some more insights personally from writing it.

Now I understand that the politics of the Middle East is difficult to comprehend, especially when you haven’t visited the places, and I hope that I have been able to explain some of what I understand from what I have seen. I have visited Israel a number of times, and i have gained a little more insight each time, although I would certainly not say that I am an expert, and my understanding is not perfect. That said, if anybody does have any questions for me do feel free to contact me anytime, and I will either try to respond myself, or more likely provide you with the email address of a relevant expert who has some idea what they’re talking about.

Right. Now that’s out the way let’s have a look at today. Unfortunately I have nothing really to report of today. No handy observations or bashful assumptions. Very strange indeed. Alas, dear reader, I seem to have picked up some sort of eastern cold (despite the relentless heat), so my observations today are largely based around the ceiling of my hotel room and a lounger by the pool. Not quite the political/social commentary that you’ve come to know and love.

One funny thing I did hear today, from a pensioner taking a dip in the Sea of Galilee (probably about 60), was; “ooh, it’s mingin!” From the mouths of babes and OAPs…

I’ve put some pictures of a sunrise on the Sea of Galilee up – http://tinyurl.com/p62juu – if you’re interested

Right, so I’ll write in a couple of days and give some websites you might be interested in.

For now though, thank you for joining me on this journey, and see you all soon. I’ll be back in my normal post and back as the Campus Bulley from Monday.

Adieu

1. Auf Wiedersehen* ;-)

What will follow the Land of Milk and Honey blog?

2. You’ve visited Israel a number of times? well, I suppose 2 is a number … :-)