Record ticket sales for Big D

Tickets for this year’s Big D event sold out in record time last week, crashing internet payment company website Worldpay.

While the YUSU website was so overwhelmed by the volume of users that more tickets than intended were sold, 1,200 were purchased in less than 45 minutes.

Despite unprecedented sales, event co-ordinator AnnaClaire Younger, has revealed that more tickets may be released this Wednesday if health and safety regulations will allow it.

Younger is expected to announce up to 200 extra tickets to go on sale tomorrow (Wednesday).

“I am so excited about this year’s Big D. We have a really great committee who have already put in so much hard work that I’m sure this year will be better than ever and raise more than ever before for our chosen charities,” said Younger.

This year’s event will see international dance act Simian Mobile Disco headlining, with support from Scratch Perverts and Utah Saints. Campus society Idioteque will also feature, plus individual student DJs.

According to Younger, the event is designed to be “a raunchy, trippy, colourful, glitz-fest, where Alice has grown up and gone a bit naughty. Building on the success of last year’s Big D, WonDerland will be an event like no other.”

Attendees will venture from one venue to the next through the decorated walkways that will connect each, giving consistency to the Alice in Wonderland theme.

Younger stresses that the event is not simply about the acts, there will be much more on offer, such as drinking games hosted at the mad hatter’s tea party, and shisha offered by the caterpillar who appeared in the event’s celebrated promotional video.