Ones to watch

Website: The Selby
Charity: Art Against Knives
Model: Johanna Kneppers
Trend: One Arm Dress

Website: The Selby

Theselby.com features a collection of photographs by Todd Selby, featuring interesting people in their creative spaces. The website offers an intimate sneak preview into the lives and homes of celebrities, designers, artists and Hollywood agents. You are given the impression that Selby actually knows the people he is shooting. The website is organised into cities: in Brooklyn you can see Peaches Geldoph pose in her apartment. In London delve into Bella Howard’s girly pad and look at Alexander Wang’s Manhattan atelier.

Charity: Art Against Knives

Supported by the likes of Vivienne Westwood, Giles Deacon, Marios Schwab, Tracey Emin, Meadham Kirchhoff, Richard Nicoll and Rankin, this charity has some serious backing. On the 28th August 2008 Oliver Hemsley, a 20 year old fashion student from Central St Martin’s, was stabbed repeatedly by a 15 year old in an unprovoked attack outside a pub in Shoreditch. This charity was set up by Olivers friends to raise funds for him (Oliver is now paralysed from the neck down) and, most importantly, to raise awarness. An exhibition was held last Monday where all works of art were for sale along with an auction on the 5th. To donate or offer support visit www.artagainstknives.com

Model: Johanna Kneppers

Tipped to be the most talented model of her generation, Johanna Kneppers exploded onto the scene this season on the runway of Balenciaga. Johanna came out of the blue from new agency in town, Just WM in Paris, which brackets great new faces and strong portfolios. Johanna was the first model from the agency to secure catwalk billing. The next step was to sign with Ford in New York joining the likes of Erin O’Connor. She currently resides in Paris.

Trend: One Arm Dress

As the asymmetrical dress goes from strength to strength in moving from avant-garde to commercial sucess, we have seen a new, more daring version emerge into the spotlight. Designers have found a new way to emphasise the imbalance and quirkyness of an asymmetrical design – add a sleeve, but only to one side. A design that takes architectural inspiration, it gives a focal point to any outfit and can add a modern twist to a classic design. Wear with dangly earings that are not too long, and not too solid, as this will best bring attention to a graceful neck. Pictured: Hervé Léger.