‘Find Claudia’ website launched

The father of missing University chef Claudia Lawrence has launched a new website appealing for information about her disappearance.

Peter Lawrence set up Findclaudia.co.uk in the hope of generating clues as to the whereabouts of his daughter, who has been missing since March 18.

In the website’s opening message Mr. Lawrence writes: “It is every parent’s worst nightmare when something like this happens and the times the family are living through are indescribably difficult. We have, however, been much supported by people’s prayers and compassionate thoughts and now our only desire is for Claudia to return to her family and friends.”

The site also carries a prayer from the Archbishop of York, Dr John Sentamu, who mentioned Claudia in his Easter sermon. The prayer reads: “Lord, please keep Claudia and Madeleine safe; take away their fear and anxiety; guard and protect them.” Mr. Lawrence is a member of the congregation at the York Minster.

The website was designed free of charge by David Wakeley, a businessman from Malton.

Wakeley said: “I registered the domain and it’s up and running now. I hope it helps. We all know Peter and anything the community in Malton can do to help we will do.”

Police continue to focus on a reported sighting of a man and a woman on Melrosegate bridge on March 19. Crossing the bridge was part of Claudia’s normal route to work at the Roger Kirk Centre.

The man, dressed in a “black or dark-coloured hooded top, with the hood up, and dark combat trousers with pockets and buttons on either side” was holding a cigarette in his left hand, which is unusual. The woman was “wearing a blue, waist-length jacket with buttons” similar to a jacket owned by Claudia.

Police have described the report, made by a passing cyclist as “a significant sighting at the right time in the right location”.

Despite repeated appeals for either the man or woman to come forward police have so far received no calls from members of the public.

Anybody with information should contact North Yorkshire Police on 0845 60 60 247 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111

1. I can’t get into the site … then I read that you have to be registered to read the site’s contents?? Why? If you want you daughter found Mr Lawrence, please, have the site freely available to read. It makes no sense whatsoever to have a register only site when you are trying to find your daughter.

I hope all goes well for you,
    Sue x

2. Hi Sue,

I’ve just checked; the site is not register only and appears to be working fine here.

3. I used Internet Explorer .. there was no problem. I then tried using AOL (my provider) and it didn’t work so it must be an AOL thng for some strange reason.
    Sue :o)

4. Same here. I’m on AOL and I couldn’t access the site but when I searched via internet explorer I found the site without problems. Typical AOL blocking sites.
    I hope you find your daughter Mr. Lawrence.

5. Im’e thinking of you and your family and hope Claudia will soon be found safe xx Maureen

6. 5 May ’09 at 1:58 pm

Brian Bivens

I am hoping and praying claudia will be found safe and well
    brian

7. Hope this has a happy ending,it must be an absolute nightmare to endure something like this.