York students urged to help in the search for missing chef

Thousands of students are being urged to help in the search for missing chef, Claudia Lawrence, who disappeared last Wednesday.

Students are being contacted through a heavy postering campaign around campus and through the networking site Facebook. It is believed that a student may have seen something important which could help in the search for Claudia, who normally works as a chef in the Roger Kirk centre.

YUSU President Tom Scott spoke about the shock that students have felt after the disappearance of Claudia. Scott is hopeful that student can be of some help with the investigation, pointing out that many students live along the route which Claudia normally took to and from campus. He believes it is possible that a student may have seen something significant on the morning of March 18th.

Scott extended the thoughts of the student body to Claudia and her family. He also spoke of the concern of students who knew her from meals eaten in the Roger Kirk Centre, where she is described as always “being there with a smile.”

YUSU has promised to ensure that posters go up all over campus, where they will be visible to students still working or staying over the Easter break. Students who have gone home will be contacted through Facebook where possible.

Any students with information are urged to contact North Yorkshire Police on 0845 60 60 247.