Further concerns for missing Goodricke chef

Police investigating the disappearance of a 35 year-old chef at Goodricke College have confirmed fears that she “may have come to some harm.”

Claudia Lawrence, of Heworth Road, York, was last seen after leaving work on Wednesday and was reported missing when she failed to turn up for work the following morning; a full-scale police investigation is now underway. It is believed she disappeared at around 5.30am on Thursday, having left home with to walk the two-and-a-half miles to her job as a chef at the college.

Whilst police suggested earlier in the week that it was “certainly a possibility that an abduction could be involved,” statements have now been released expressing greater concern for the safety of Miss Lawrence. It has been suggested that anyone involved in her disappearance is likely to be known to her, and from the surrounding area.

Earlier in the week, the Lawrence family issued an appeal for the safe return of their daughter, expressing their deep concern for her whereabouts: “We want you to know that you’re not in trouble. Please, please get in touch and let us know you are ok.” They have described recent days as a “living hell”.

Police continue their search with a plea for information from the public. “We have no information about her whereabouts after 20.30GMT on Wednesday. Try to help me fill that gap, I need the public’s help,” commented Detective Superintendent Ray Galloway.

Anyone with any information is urged to contact North Yorkshire Police on 0845 60 60 247.