Police investigate suspected driving offender at James College

Police were called to James this evening after what is believed to be a driver under the influence of alcohol parked his vehicle at the college before fleeing the scene

Police were called to James this evening after a driver, who was believed to be under the influence of alcohol, parked his vehicle at the college before fleeing the scene.

The unidentified car, which was found parked in a disabled bay, arrived on campus at approximately 6.00pm. Campus security were alerted after the driver was seen driving erratically. He is thought to have been intoxicated.

After parking the driver fled the scene and campus security were unable to intercept him. Police were on campus for half an hour.

Police refused to comment on the situation in detail, but did say the driver was very likely to still be on campus. The car did not have student or staff tags so the driver is thought to be from outside the University.

Campus security are presently monitoring the car and its vicinity.

1. Those bays are no longer ‘disabled’ bays

2. “The car did not have student or staff tags”

What exactly are ‘student tags’ on a car? We don’t all have a big bumper sticker saying ‘student’.

Can someone please explain.

3. I presume the author means a student car parking permit.

4. If the car in question is the BMW pictured, that car has been on campus for most of December. I also saw the guy set of out – as I have on many occasions and he always drives like a tool.

5. Haha u didn’t catch meee. Better luck next time loserssssssss

6. If Dan’s right… a guy who drives stupidly drove stupidly and then parked in a parking space that isn’t disabled and, judging by the article, left his car before security or the police (who arrived half an hour later) got there?

Erm…

Can’t they clamp the car if it’s parked without a permit anyway, btw?