Langwith, Derwent and Halifax JCRC Election results released

Langwith college declared its election results today, joining Derwent and Halifax colleges who declared yesterday following last week’s JCRC elections

Langwith college declared its election results today, joining Derwent and Halifax colleges who declared yesterday following last week’s JCRC elections.

Langwith held one of the most diverse elections this year, with both Chair and Vice-Chair fiercely contested. Sam Asfahani was elected as JCRC Chair, beating off competition from Phil Mason and Simon Wood. Maxine Wilkins and Kelly Briggs were victorious in a very close Vice-Chair election and Anna Shaw was uncontested for Secretary.

Former Bar Rep Joe Rankin was elected JCRC Chair for Derwent, while former RAG Rep Anna Claire Younger won the Vice-Chair vote. Bryn French and Siobhan Gore were elected Secretaries.

Chair was one of the only contested positions in this year’s Derwent elections, with joke candidate McLovin coming in second. There was a sizeable vote to Re-open nominations.

The new officers of the Halifax College Student Association will line up below newly-elected Chair Roberto Powell. Nick Synnott and Phil Walker were elected Vice-Chair, with Dominic Titherington elected Treasurer. The majority of HCSA positions, including that of chair, were uncontested in this election.

Other college election results are expected to be declared within the next week.

1. McLovin and RON together got more votes than Rankin.

Looks like he’ll have a tough time, especially as he’s following on from Jamie Tyler and Ollie Lester, two of the most popular (and best) college chairs…

2. Rankin’s going to be a fantastic chair, all be it a dfferent chair to Olly and Jamie.

He is well organised, has innovative ideas, wont be afrid to criticise Uni. administrators and be fast to hold YUSU to account over many issues. Above all, he will get things done and this is what Derwent needs, continung from the great work of Olly.

3. You can’t really say what they will or won’t do. We’ll have to see what they end up doing to judge. However they fare, all Chairs are different and have a tough time so good luck to everyone and congrats to the winners :)