Entwistle father-in-law testifies in murder trial

The father-in-law of Neil Entwistle yesterday testified that Entwistle had asked him to bury his wife and daughter together because “that’s the way I left them”

Langwith bar plan

The father-in-law of Neil Entwistle, the York graduate charged in the United States with murdering his wife and baby daughter, yesterday testified that Entwistle had asked him to bury the two together because “that’s the way I left them”

Joseph Matterazzo, 61, the stepfather of Rachel Entwistle, said “He asked me if Rachel and Lilly could be buried together because ‘that’s the way I left them, I mean, found them.'” When pressed by prosecution lawyers in Middlesex Superior Court in Massachusetts, Matterazzo said: “That’s exactly what he said.”

Matterazzo claimed Entwistle made the slip during one of a number of telephone conversations between the two in the three days after the killings. Entwistle called from his parents’ home in Worksop, Nottinghamshire, which he returned to just hours after the killings in January 2006.

During the one of the conversations Matterazzo said he asked Entwistle: “Neil, did you do this, or do you know who did this?” He described Entwistle’s voice as a “very shaky, whimpering type.”

The state prosecution claims Entwistle fled to the the UK after killing his wife and 9-month-old daughter Lillian in the couple’s home in Hopkinton, Massachusetts on January 20, 2006. Entwistle was arrested by British police on February 9, 2006 and extradited to the United States.

The Entwistles met while at York where both were members of the University Boat Club. They married shortly after his graduation in 2002.

Documents presented to the court linked Entwistle to several pornography websites and internet scams, including srpublications.co.uk and deephotsex.com.

These domain names are registered in Entwistle’s name to the address of his previous student house on Heslington Road, just minutes away from the University of York campus.

1. I have been vlogging the testimony of this trial. The entire dad’s testimony (06/06 _ 09/06) may be found here: Go to this channel to find this video and others. http://www.youtube.com/user/RealityCanBeEvil