Campus mural completed

A mural displaying a large range of campus logos has been painted this week by Student Action.

The brightly coloured murals, covering all colleges and societies ranging from Dance Society to Love Soc are being displayed parallel to the construction site between Vanbrugh College and Central Hall.

Although work was pushed back a week due to not being fully verified with all the correct University officials, the University has fully supported the idea, and have even funded some materials for the design.

Adam Wiles, Student Action Chair, said: “The idea behind the mural is to improve the campus environment, which is especially needed at the moment owing to the presence of a construction site in the middle of our campus. Additionally it is giving students an opportunity to get involved in a piece of art which is embodying the University of York 2008.”

It is hoped that the murals will help promote the work of Student Action, a volunteering organisation which deals with students giving time to help the local community. “We are looking to show a form of volunteering on campus, which many people would not normally consider,” Wiles said.