Sweet Charity

Following last year’s hit performance of West Side Story, the Central Hall Musical Society have announced their next production, which will be the hit Broadway show Sweet Charity, to be performed in Week 5 of the Spring term. Director Michael Slater explains; “The Central Hall Musical Society has always been led by a strong and passionate group of artistic and technical students, and this year is no exception. We want as many people as possible to be involved in what promises to be the highlight of the student calendar, resulting in an unforgettable experience for all.”

Auditions for Sweet Charity will be held throughout Week 3. All are welcome to audition for both principal roles and chorus roles, so whatever level of involvement you’re after, there might just be a place for you.

Slater also has another project up his sleeve: “To raise money for the production and to allow for potential stars of the show to meet each other, we will be holding a 48-hour musical where we only rehearse for the 48 hours prior to the performances! To get involved all you need to do is turn up on Saturday October 20 (end of Week 2) in the Drama Barn (near the music department).”

More detailed information on all things Sweet Charity can be found on the website www.sweetcharityyork.co.uk and the society will be at the fresher’s fair on Saturday of Week 1.