Women’s team enjoy successful year of cricket including first Lord’s trip

THE WOMEN’S cricket team enjoyed a successful indoor season with a host of impressive victories and a BUSA final appearance at Lord’s Cricket Ground.

Impressive performances came in the yearly BUSA indoor cricketing competition, in which they claimed victories over both Nottingham and Sheffield universities at the Dunnington Regional Tournament.

This was followed by a historic first-time appearance at Lord’s Cricket Ground for the BUSA Final, in which they failed to win any of their three games.

Successful appearances in both the Warwick University Indoor Tournament and mini-tournament hosted by York followed, in which they claimed victories against both Warwick and Nottingham universities.

However, the club struggled to follow this up in the outdoor cricket season as they failed to qualify through their BUSA regional group, picking up only one victory and losing to both Newcastle and Northumbria by large margins.

Women’s Cricket Club President Chloe Schroeter said many of the outdoor cricketing problems were due to a large proportion of the team being new this year and a lack of time to prepare before the summer season began.

“The new team have worked together really well,” she said. “I’m happy with our performances this year. We have come a long way.”