Big Bite Sandwich Bar, 71 Main Street

★★☆☆☆

After another challenging night at Toffs, there is nothing better to cure a hangover than a takeaway sandwich from Big Bite Sandwich Bar, located on 71 Main Street Fulford – open from 8 am til 3 pm.

Big bite is unlike the repetitive chain sandwich bars so often found in town, it offers a variety of fresh sandwiches, made to order with a large choice of fillings. It also has a bakery offering homemade apple pies and cakes. There are hot roast sandwiches, traditional fillers and an artery-clogging Full House sandwich at £2.80, which has eggs, bacon and sausage to name only a few of its ingredients. Warning: this sandwich must be approached with caution and is not for the faint hearted as it comes in a super big baguette size. I chose the popular Chicken Tikka bap at £2.10, which was swiftly prepared in front of me. It’s always reassuring when an eating establishment is happy to prepare food in front of you rather than hide away in a kitchen that is about to be condemnded by the food safety people. The chicken was moist and deliciously covered in Tikka sauce and the tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce fillings were fresh and crunchy making a mouth-watering monstrous feast which would satisfy anyone’s appetite.