The Blue Fly Cafe Bar, 10a New Street

It’s cute, it’s trendy and it looks quite strangely like a little blue greenhouse. The Blue Fly can be found just off Coney Street and is a convenient place to sit down for a quick lunch whilst in town.

By way of food, they may only do sandwiches and cakes, but it’s worth a trip there if only for that. Served in crusty and delicious ciabatta bread, the sandwiches make use of incredibly fresh and juicy ingredients that always make the mouth water. At £4.50 each, it is on the steep side for the size of the portions, but I’d still pay that again for the Parma ham and tomato sandwich I had last week.
Come night time, the mood goes from cool and relaxed to completely packed and loud. It’s definitely not my favourite bar in town, as you can barely hear yourself speak and is simply way too small to host the crowds it attracts. Still, seeing as the cocktails are good enough and their alcohol measures extremely generous, I can’t complain too much.

The Blue Fly is at its best during the day when you can listen to some chilled music and enjoy the pleasant atmosphere that it offers. It is a great place to sit down, book in hand, and watch the world go by.

Reviewed by Farsheen Husain