Enough of what our writers and editors have to say, we sent reporters to find out what York students think of today’s issues
1. What are your thoughts on the new SU constitution?
2. Are you concerned over the £3m budget shortfall?
3. Do you worry about drink spiking at campus events?
4. How would you feel about a possible lecturer strike?
Name: Felicity Fairchild
Year: 3rd Year
1. The restructuring sounds promising although I do have concerns over the cutting of liberation posts from the exec.
2. I can’t see it really having an effect on me as a student.
3. There should be more of an awareness campaign about it. Campus is somewhere that students should feel safe.
4. I would absolutely support the lecturers were they to strike. They are the most important people at this University.
Name: Toby Eyre
Course: History of Art
Year: 4th Year
1. Cutting liberation posts is a bad idea. The SU can be made more efficient without a constitutional overhaul.
2. Finances of the University are enormous so I am not overly concerned.
3. I think people should be made more aware that this is an issue on campus and not just at bars in town.
4. With the amount students are now paying I think a strike seems a little irresponsible and un-professional.
Name: Will Wright
Course: English and Linguistics
Year: 1st Year
1. It seems a little bit dictatorial. It could make the organisation run better though.
2. My concern is where the money to make up that shortfall will come from.
3. I think people need to be more vigilant and mates should always remember to look out for each other.
4. The lecturers are the backbone of this University and everything possible should be done to appease them.