The Plough, 48 Main Street, Fulford

After visiting The Plough, I decided that its pleasant atmosphere would make it an ideal choice for a meal with a friend.

We ordered our slightly over-priced, drinks at the bar and chose a table in the non-smoking section to look over the menu. The Plough offers a range of food, catering for many appetites, from light bites to main meals. Likewise, the prices vary from £1.50 for a portion of chips to £13.95 for a large mixed grill. Our meals arrived, beautifully presented, after only ten minutes of waiting. The prices of the main meals reflected the portion size and overall quality of the food, making them good value for money. I had Hunter’s chicken, a chicken breast topped with cheese and BBQ sauce, which came piping hot, served with a very colourful mixed salad which, sadly, I did not fully appreciate because I am not the biggest salad fan! For dessert, I chose one of the four homemade desserts on the menu, a treacle tart – very reasonably priced at £2.95. It was sweet enough to appeal to my sweet tooth, but not too sugary or sickly.

Overall, I got everything I expected from The Plough; good service, great food and a very relaxing atmosphere. It may be thirty minutes walk from campus, but it’s worth it!

Reviewed by
Claire Croskery

1. It is good to find somewhere to eat where the food is a good value for money, most places i go out to eat the food is not presented at all the food is just chucked onto the plate and is way to expensive. To make matters worse i am a lover of chicken which tends to be expensive in itself. I will look into this place nice post.

2. This place used to be great but my last 2 visits have been dreadful. 1 hour wait for mediocre food and very rude staff.