Sympathetic

As a former Nouse stalwart I feel I must publicly pass on my sympathies to Vision for not winning best paper at this year’s Guardian or Mirror student media awards. It must have come as quite a shock to learn that after all these years they are now York’s “number two” paper. Having said that, I’ve been wiping my ass on it for years. Whilst there’s no shame in coming second, there certainly is in not being placed at all. Maybe if they ask nicely Rob Harris will come back and restore them to their glory days of hysterical scaremongering and trumped-up law suits. Joking aside, the real winner here is journalism… whoops, no I mean the real winner is Nouse. Yes, Nouse.

Rob Taylor

York University 2001-2004

Please send your comments and complaints by email to [email protected] or by post to Nouse, Grimston House, Vanbrugh College

1. 12 Dec ’05 at 5:26 pm

Donald Johnson

How sad. Hasn’t he left? Why is he writing letters to a student paper – my advice is to move on.

Donald
    Alcuin

2. Donald,

What do you use toilet paper?

Many thanks,

Martin

University of York 2001-2004

3. 7 Jan ’06 at 5:25 pm

Donald Johnson

Martin,

What do you use toilet paper? Makes no sense.

Do you mean:
    Do you use toilet paper?
    What, do you use toilet paper?
    Or what toilet paper do you use?

Seeing such illiteracy from a graduate scares me about the wider world that awaits me.

You also say “many thanks”. Thanks for waht exactly?

You have also graduated. Why are you submitting comments on this site? Why are you allowed to – get a life.

I thought this was a method of wrting a comment on the article – not on other comments? This is AskYUSU.

Donald
    Alcuin

4. 16 Jan ’06 at 12:50 am

David Parkinson

Donald, thought I’d point out that in your above comment you wrote “waht”. I don’t know what you meant. It’s not even a word. At least Mr Kemp has a degree. Maybe you shouldn’t be at university at all.

David
    Halifax

5. 2 Feb ’06 at 3:06 pm

John Talgarth

David,

I think it was a typo and means “what”.

At least he’s typing wrongly rather than constructing sentences in an incoherent manner.

John

6. Please stop printing letters about Vision – nobody cares about your meaningless, petty rivalry. Rob Taylor – nouse receiving acclaim only after they’ve got shot of you is nothing to be proud of…
    Ian

7. 7 Feb ’06 at 11:54 am

John Talgarth

I agree with Ian. Rob is very sad.

John

8. Actually, Rob was our cartoonist last year and was also a regular writer for the paper, so he was part of the winning team. He’s also responsible for the very stylish new logo. And I personally think his letter’s hilarious!

9. 24 Feb ’06 at 12:34 pm

John Tillmarch

Lauren would say that though, wouldn’t she?

I’m with John and Ian, Rob is very sad.

John

10. Ian Brodie: stick to what you do best and that is keeping your head down since the demise of the Lightning Seeds.