He’s Just Not That Into You, Greg Behrendt & Liz Tuccillo

‘He’s just not that into you’ – six words no girl likes to hear. Sex In The City writers Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo take a brutal approach; they think it’s time females yearning after disinterested men learn to recognise and acknowledge the signs given off by a guy who isn’t actually that interested.

This self-help style book tackles specific behaviour that sends the average female into confusion. Using original letters from women seeking advice, Behrendt and Tuccillo explain a guy is just not that into you if he’s doing one of the following: not calling you, breaking up with you, or exercising a tendency to disappear on you. It is a tool to help females tell the difference between what men say and what they actually mean.

If you can ignore the sickly American cheese and the sweeping generalisations they make about men, the book does put forward a persuasive argument that women are better off without men who can’t offer a straight answer. Each dilemma is tackled convincingly from both the male and female perspective, but it’s not the type of book you could curl up with in front of the fire over Christmas.

One thing is for sure, ladies: if a guy wants to be with you, he’ll let you know.

£6.99, Harper Element