Butterfinger, Hull Road

Picture the scene, you wake up in an unfamiliar house, with drool on your face and the distinct impression that you may not have been the most eloquent individual the night before. The only place any self respecting student (or indeed anyone who feels they may have lost all self respect they had the night before) is Butterfingers.

Perfectly placed between campus and town there is no excuse not to stagger to Hull Road and saturate yourself with a huge sandwich. The joy of being able to purchase the entirety of a fry-up between two baps for under three quid can only be rivalled by the elation felt when you realise you are biting into a delicacy that is aptly named ‘the big boy’. With sausages, eggs, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes, this beast of a breakfast fulfils all your nutritional requirements and is perfectly succulent to boot. For the vegetarian there is a wide range, my favourite being ‘the vegetarian full house’ which comes with cheese, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms and beans, with additional onion if you so desire it. Unlike the offerings of other York eateries, none of the ingredients seem to have been stewing for days in grease, however the calorific nature of these delights can not be denied. The high quality grease fest that Butterfingers has to offer at a relatively low price coupled with service with a smile makes this one of the best sandwich shops in York.Picture the scene, you wake up in an unfamiliar house, with drool on your face and the distinct impression that you may not have been the most eloquent individual the night before. The only place any self respecting student (or indeed anyone who feels they may have lost all self respect they had the night before) is Butterfingers.

Perfectly placed between campus and town there is no excuse not to stagger to Hull Road and saturate yourself with a huge sandwich. The joy of being able to purchase the entirety of a fry-up between two baps for under three quid can only be rivalled by the elation felt when you realise you are biting into a delicacy that is aptly named ‘the big boy’. With sausages, eggs, bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes, this beast of a breakfast fulfils all your nutritional requirements and is perfectly succulent to boot. For the vegetarian there is a wide range, my favourite being ‘the vegetarian full house’ which comes with cheese, egg, tomatoes, mushrooms and beans, with additional onion if you so desire it. Unlike the offerings of other York eateries, none of the ingredients seem to have been stewing for days in grease, however the calorific nature of these delights can not be denied. The high quality grease fest that Butterfingers has to offer at a relatively low price coupled with service with a smile makes this one of the best sandwich shops in York.