The Real Reason for York’s Expansion

A SECRET University report has been uncovered by nouse, which reveals that the Heslington East plans are so flawed, that there are now even louder calls for an independent public enquiry into the suspect nature of the development.

The Vice-Chancellor has refused to accept a dossier of concerns which nouse has compiled on the development, which includes the suppressed report and a range of statements and crticisms from local residents, academic staff and students.

Admin have reacted angrily to our findings by pressurising nouse journalists, accusing them incorrectly of being in breach of their “media code of conduct” and unprofessional behaviour for attempting to hand the documents to Cantor.

However, four senior Government ministers; John Prescott, Margaret Beckett, Ruth Kelly and Bill Rammall have all accepted the Heslington East Dossier from nouse for their consideration and meanwhile concerns have taken on a national dimension, despite the inflexible stance of the University.

The University has a poor case for expansion into greenbelt land and this, nouse can reveal, is undermined by three major issues: Firstly, the unrealistic requirement to make 5,000 students stay in campus accommodation for the duration of their degree; secondly, plans for 38 per cent of Campus three to be a business site (to fund the whole project) and finally a serious disregard for environmental concerns.