Fiesta Mechicana, Clifford Street

Ai carumba! Ditch your college hoodies, don your sombreros and ponchos and head on down to Fiesta Mehicana! You can fully immerse yourself in the Mexican culture with traditional and colourful décor; Mexicans certainly live life loud and you can’t avoid the lively atmosphere here, no time for romantic canoodling in this place. Fiesta Mehicana prides itself on authenticity of its cuisine, they only use fresh ingredients and the restaurant has developed all the recipes itself.

The service was enthusiastic, and they took time out to help us decipher the menu. I soon realised that there is more to Mexican food than just spices. I tried the Mole Poblano, which was chicken breast in a dark chilli sauce. Surprisingly all Fiesta Mehicana’s sauces are prepared using vegetable stock, and there’s even the option of getting a vegetarian version of all of the main course dishes.

Now, to the most important part of the Mexican experience…alcohol! You can’t leave without taking full advantage of the drinks menu. I would advise avoiding all 9.15’s the next morning! Even better, all the cocktails are discounted before 8pm Sunday – Friday! There is also a Special Party Menu available for groups of 10 or more and to top off a great night they offer 10% off your total bill before 7pm, Sunday – Friday!